I will be moving to Maui with no furniture and essentially no money until my first paycheck, most of which will go to bills. So, I thought I would look at ways to live simply. I am thinking monk simple, uber cheap, like sitting on pillows, just not sure which pillows are best for sitting on. Well, I checked out a couple sites and was gravely disappointed. First off, http://www.frugalsimplicity.com/ had an article telling one to….
‘Begin by making a budget which covers all of your fixed expenses, such as food, clothing, utilities and shelter. Once you’ve covered the essentials, make entries for non-essential expenses, such as manicures, salon visits, a gym membership or the like.’
MANICURES?! That is not living frugally. Doing your own or not at all is frugal. So, they listed The Tightwad Times, which I thought might be more up my alley. Nope. It’s just a bunch of ads for free samples of crap I would never want or use. One of the problems with society is that we fill our lives with meaningless items. Then we spend oodles of time and money trying to figure out how to deal with it. Now, below you will find some articles that may actually prove useful. I especially like the Best-Kept Secret….
- The Best-Kept Secret to Frugal Living (wisebread.com)
- 10 More Frugal Finds For Less Than $20 (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Are You Spending Intentionally? (frugaldad.com)
- Random Frugal Thoughts (suddenlyfrugal.com)
- Keeping Up with the Frugal Joneses (forthemommas.com)
- Helpful Hint #397: Being Frugal Isn’t Always So…. Frugal (nothingbetterthanablankpage.blogspot.com)